Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 1

Flight landed around 11:00am, 3 subway trains to Nicole's house. Was pleasantly surprised to receive an e-mail from Nicole's mom wishing me a safe & wonderful trip - thank you Dorothy! Eduardo was waiting for us & made a wonderful Pisto for lunch, with a Rioja white wine around 2:30pm.

First adventure: Sol, the center of the city of Madrid. From there we walked to Plaza Mayor



and around the neighborhood of La Latina


Had a caƱa (beer on tap) at Museo de Jamon. I wish I had taken a shot of the entire ceiling and most walls decorated in ham. But these were common stores to see around -






After that we jumped back on the subway to the Retiro Park. Took a long stroll throught this amazing park where we saw the Palacio de Cristal - AMAZING!


Nicole  then showed me the Reina Sofia, (where I will spend some time later) and the Atocha Train Station




From there we walked back to Nicole's apartment, and I am getting my bearings as to where things are. Tonight's dinner: Croquetas de Setas


No comments:

Post a Comment