Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 5: Car Trip

After a traditional Spanish lunch, Tortillas (not Mexican tortillas), Eduardo, Nicole & I drove to 2 villages within the Communidad of Madrid.

The 1st was about a 45 minute drive from their house, called Buitrago del Lozoya. This was my first small village, and the peacefulness was very apparent. There was another fortress around the buildings and a river surrounding.







The next tucked away village was through a long and winding road, that would never be found by a typical tourist...but since when have I been typical? Both of these villages are in the Sierra Mountains, this one much harder to find. This village, named Patones de Arriba is thought to have escaped invasion by the Moores and Napoloean's troupes because of its isolated location. I found myself right smack in the middle of the Goblin City, and from what Nicole says, I will feel it even more so tomorrow in Toledo!


























Dinner: I tried Pulpo! (Octopus).

No comments:

Post a Comment