Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 4: Palacio Real, shopping, and a local pub

Lunch was photo worthy today! Nicole made a artichoke & tuna salad, and stuffed peppers. Delicious! I started drinking wine a bit earlier than usual, but hey - it's Friday and I aint got....you know the rest.



Nicole had one class today, so I journeyed half of the way with her getting off in the center of Madrid again, but this time to visit the Palacio Real, the home of the King and Queen.











Next to this massive building was the Catedral de la Almudena de Madrid. I didn't take the tour of the palace, so instead I headed into the cathedral and spent some peaceful time there.











New Yorkers are the best time-killers I know, and my favorite vice is just one of those activities that not only takes up an afternoon, but gets you out of a flash hail storm in a hurry...SHOPPING. The sky soon cleared and I continued wandering the streets. This Friday evening in the heart of Madrid is starting to feel like Time Square a bit, tourists galore. Of course, I don't put myself in that catorgory - I think it's called denial. I took myself to a nearby bar once I found the correct subway to meet Nicole for dinner later on.

When we both arrived back at the apartment, I showed my purchases and we girl talked til Eduardo arrived - then Casa Manolo was the destination for our Friday night out. The local pub was packed, and we were given a table in the back. We talked about the Bull fights, fanatic fans and the possibility of Spain winning the World Cup in South Africa this summer. I actually have a reason to root for a team this year!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the considerable impact that you have on lovers of travel, discovery and intercultural encounters. By the way best cars uae here

    ReplyDelete